Windows Weekly 202
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: March 31, 2011
Published: March 31, 2011
- ANTITRUST! Microsoft launches antitrust complaint against Google
- I eagerly await all the idiotic "irony" posts but Microsoft probably understands antirust and the EU better than anyone. My guess is the complaints will stick.
- Three main areas of complaint: Internet search, online advertising, smart phones
- NODO FOR YOU! Windows Phone 7 software updates starting to ship to more customers
- Even AT&T is on the board, though not until sometime in "early April"
- Related: I've hacked my phone to get the updates. You can too!
- WINNING! Windows Phone 7 to be number two smart phone by 2012!
- Classic bit of unsophisticated prediction from IDC. And why it's completely, deadly wrong.
- NO, YOU'RE THE JERK! Paul Allen writes a tell-all book
- Surprise!(?) Bill Gates is a jerk. Shocker.
- LEAK! Windows 8 information starting to leak out again, as are M2- and M3-level builds
- Microsoft is pretty serious about keeping this stuff a secret
- So let's talk about it
- Amazon Cloud Drive and Music Player
- Amazon is on a roll. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Pfft: Amazon is doing it all on their own
- Plus: What no one else is telling you about Amazon Cloud Drive, and how it stacks up against what Google is doing
- Smart phones and mobile devices in business
- The consumerization of IT is inevitable, apparently. Looking for feedback on how listeners' companies are implementing and/or allowing mobile devices in work
Windows 7 App of the Week: Xmarks
- Free bookmark sync between IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- Sadly, requires a separate installer for each browser.
Windows Phone 7 App of the Week: BringCast
- Thanks to Mark Osborn for the tip
Tip of the Week
- Buy an MP3 album on Amazon MP3 and get 20 GB of cloud storage for free
- Normally you get 5 GB of storage for free. Buy even a $5 album and you get 20 GB instead!
Mobile App Pick: LogMeIn Ignition
- Combined with the free version of LogMeIn, a near ideal way to get at your PCs on the go
- Link URL and optional brief description
- G2AX 8
- ad times: 0:37-0:50 and 17:22-19:54
- SqSp 3
- ad times: 0:51-1:01 and 40:11-42:39
- Edited by: Tony
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|