FLOSS Weekly 68
Guest: Joel Holdsworth and Aaron Newcomb
Recorded: May 6, 2009
Published: May 9, 2009
FLOSS Weekly 68: Cinelerra and Lumiera
Joel Holdsworth and Aaron Newcomb for Cinelerra, the free open source video editing software.
Joel Holdsworth and Aaron Newcomb for Cinelerra
Aaron Newcomb works for Sun Microsystems as a Solutions Development Manager for Open Storage. When he is not working for Sun, Aaron is the host and producer of the video podcast "the_source," about all things related to open source software. It's produced entirely with open source software including Cinelerra (the open source video editor), GIMP, and Audacity.
Joel Holdsworth is one of the three core developers of the Lumiera project with particular responsibility for the GUI. He's also contributed a few patches to Inkscape and Wine. Joel lives in Kingston in South West London where he works for a local church.
Before the interview Randal mentioned his speech in Minneapolis regarding Dynamic Languages. The speech is available in the Industry Misinterpretations podcast feed. The link to his speech is http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=Industry_Misinterpretations_135:_Dynamic_Returns&entry=3419405760.
- http://vimeo.com/groups/cinelerra/videos - Videos made with Cinelerra
- the_source, Aaron's open source video podcast made with Cinelerra (also 4 tutorials here). Get a quick overview at 45:00 into the show here
- New GUI Screenshot
Questions from the audience
ad time: didn't mark ad times
- Recorded Date: May 6, 2009
- Release Date: May 9, 2009
- Duration: 1:00:11
- Log line:
- Edited by: Dane
- Notes: Had to remove several dozen gaps where there was a delay of two or three seconds in Joel responding. Most of it was resolved. Unclear what the issue was. Perhaps he was using Skype on Linux and it didn't work well.