Frame Rate 50
Guest: Dana Brunetti
Topic: Google's rumored TV/Phone service, game console TV consumption, the new digital video world, and more.
Recorded: November 8, 2011
Published: November 8, 2011
Frame Rate 50:
- Dana Brunetti
The Big Story
- The same kind of disruption that changed the tech world is coming to television and films
- TVGuide.com-paidContent Survey Shows Big Spike In Online, Time-Shifted TV
Another Big Story
Yet Another Big Story
- Google might offer TV / phone service over its fiber network
- Google TV Scores An ‘Adult Video’ Channel, Courtesy Of Vivid
- Fox Signs Andy Serkis for 'Apes' Sequel and Will Push for Oscar Nod
- Peter Jackson reveals the Red Epic secrets behind The Hobbit (video)
- Netflix secures multi-year MGM streaming deal for UK, some exclusive rights over new films
- Dish in Talks for Internet TV
- CBS boss reveals why the company is 'against joining Apple TV' (or Hulu)
- Yahoo's IntoNow: Interactive TV, but not on TV
- Exclusive: Motorola Corvair Android-based TV controller leaks out
- Code wizardry turns MythTV into Windows legend
What We're Watching
- Brian Brushwood: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Fringe, The Walking Dead
- Tom Merritt: The Walking Dead, Fringe, Homeland
- Dana Brunetti: The Walking Dead, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Beavis and Butt-Head
First, a show routinely described by its hosts as ""about cord-cutting"", without a host that has actually cut the cord is cray-cray. Isn't Sarah Lane a cord cutter? There must be a few hanging around the studio... As a cord-cutter for years, I'd like to see at the very least short, pre-recorded segments of interesting work-arounds, digital antennae reviews and reception tips, etc. from someone who is living the fantastic-ness and frustration of the cord-cutting lifestyle.
Second: All that cord-cutty stuff can wait, because you really must stop everything and devote your entire next show to a non-stop, one breath rant about The Walking Dead. Seriously. The Walker in the Well. The ""CUT TO: Group pulls up 10' of rope. CUT TO: Glenn rises 3"". CUT TO: Group pulls up 8' of rope. CUT TO: Glenn rises 2"" "" stuff was the sort of film-making-for-people-who-dont-pay-attention you'd expect from CSI: Miami, not AMC. Would that fly on Breaking Bad? No. Would it fly last season? I think, no. Is it all Darabond's exit? Who knows, but this show is off the rails. Discuss...
And thanks for a great show.
- Ad Time: 24:24
- Ad Time: 41:20
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|