Frame Rate 53
Guest: Casey McKinnon
Topic: Online Video watching at record high, steal Elvis Costello's album? Muppets reign supreme, and more.
Recorded: November 29 2011
Frame Rate 53:
- Casey McKinnon
The Big Story
Another Big Story
- Sony 4K home cinema projector coming in January for £18,000
- German researchers crack HDCP
- YouTube adds Disney films
- Verizon FiOS Customers Can Now Sign Up For New Xbox 360 Service, Will Let You Control Live TV With Your Hands
- Apple’s iTV Could Have a Sharp Picture
- Lenovo trudging into the smart TV arena, plans LeTV launch in Q1 2012
What We're Watching
- Brian Brushwood: The Walking Dead,The Muppets
- Tom Merritt: The Muppets, Hell on Wheels
- Casey McKinnon: The Muppets, Haywire, Melancholia, The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, New Girl
- Address is Approximate,' a short film featuring Google Street View
- Harvard scientists invent a robot facehugger.
- Danger 5 Preview
- Episode 1 of Danger 5 released
Fellas thanks for the advice about cutting the cord. I wonder what you would do in a real world example.
Let's say you have good internet speed at home, an unlimited data plan on your phone and various electronic items at home (ie XBOX, laptop, tablet)
The Challenge You have $150 for initial signup/setup cost and a budget of $150 per month for electronic services, where do you spend your money?
Example of options ( Audible account, Roku, Xbox Live, Netflix, Spotify, Hulu plus, Apple TV, Blizzard Account, Cable) Feel free to use different values based on your local cost of living.
I'm sure you've seen this, but does this make the decision to cut the cord any easier since your main concern was allowing your kids to watch tv unsupervised?
Sandy from St. Louis
- Ad Time: 17:20
- Ad Time: 46:50
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|