IPad Today 41
Recorded: April 14, 2011
Published: April 14, 2011
iPad Today 41: Social Video Apps, Squrl, ShowYou, Newsy, Jetsetter, Mog!
Leo & Sarah cover the latest social video apps, a 3D iPad, a plasticine iPad, Businessweek hits the app store, Jetsetter goes gyro, Mog for music, and more!
Today's Theme Social Video Apps!
- Squrl "Squrl is a social, watch-later video service that lets you access video content across multiple providers and devices."
- ShowYou "Showyou is a fun and immersive social video app for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Watch the videos your friends are sharing on Facebook, Twitter or Vodpod, all in one place, the Showyou Grid."
- Newsy Curated news clips around the web.
- TUAW iPad 2 gets glasses-free 3D display using front-facing camera for head tracking.
- Leo goes off on a tangent about Sumo Bean Bags
- Bloomberg Businessweek Bloomberg Businessweek's iPad app has fewer features than its web magazine. Leo makes a case for the app.
- Leo recommends Bloomberg for iPad.
- Toddler App Tips Guidlines from a parent of a toddler for developers of touch apps.
- Brian Villanueva from Raleigh-Durham, NC Wants some sharing tips straight from app store on iPad to a Facebook Group or something other than email.
App Cap Awards
- Jetsetter "Discover the world’s greatest vacations, hand-picked by experts who’ve been there. Get inspired by amazing high-definition photos and first-hand reviews. Book your trip on your iPad, up to 50% off retail rates."
- Rdio "Rdio is a new social music service on the web, iPhone and iPod touch. Follow your friends and other people with great musical taste, and find new music to listen to. Play any of our 8 million+ songs as much as you like, make your own playlists, and collaborate with friends on theirs. Search and find any song, album or artist, and start listening immediately."
- Mog "As a MOG subscriber, you’ll enjoy UNLIMITED MOBILE DOWNLOADS, and stream OVER 10 MILLION SONGS ON DEMAND to your computer, iPhone, iPod Touch, Roku and GoogleTV. Plus enjoy a revolutionary new radio that reveals Pandora’s huge limitations. Perfect your music-listening experience: TRY MOG FREE FOR 7 DAYS!"
- GoToMyPC.com offer code twit
- G2MyPC 13
- ad times: :47 - 1:04 and 22:15 - 24:17
- SB 5
- ad times: 1:04 - 1:17 and 43:32 - 46:46
- ad times: 1:17 - 1:29 and 54:37 - 58:20
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|