IPad Today 51
Recorded: June 23, 2011
Published: June 23, 2011
- 1 iPad Today 51: Embrace the Browser!
- 2 Sponsors
- 3 Production Information
iPad Today 51: Embrace the Browser!
Leo & Sarah show off some browser-friendly sites that don't need apps, Hipmunk gets iPad-optimized, TripIt gets better, Cinq Photo is awesome, Grocery IQ is sweet!
Today's theme is...EMBRACE THE BROWSER!
- The New York Post tries to make people download their app. However, you can get around it with some alternative browsers like Mercury
- Google Music (Beta) (Currently Invite Only)
- MLB (Major League Baseball) Online
- Slate (Like Flipboard for the Web)
- Gmail Interface Online
- Hipmunk (Free) gets an iPad optimized App.
- How did The Sun's "Page 3 Girl" get past Apple's censors? 17 and over restriction warning. - In 2009, Apple banned a third-party Newspapers app from carrying The Sun because it contained Page 3.
App Store Update
- TripIt (Free) gets iPad updates!
- Add/edit plans from within iPad app
- Create turn-by-turn directions using itinery, current location, or address
Duh Tip-Home Button
"Not sure if this is widely known and I'm just a moron but... Often when I'm reading stuff on my iPad whilst holding it in landscape mode I accidentally press the home key. This obviously switches me back to the home menu. Not a great hardship but it is annoying. Anyway I noticed the other day that if I realise I have pressed the home key and just keep it pressed for a few seconds before releasing it, nothing happens and I can continue doing what I was doing. Love the show guys. Regards, Gordon Robb Scotland"
iPad Today Star of the Week
- It's a human this week!
- "Sarah & Leo, I spend many hours a day in my wheelchair and I love my IPad-2. I must move regularly, changing positions and pressure points. Holding my IPad-2 can be difficult as I only use one hand. My son knows how much I love my IPad-2 so, for Fathers Day, he created this wonderful device. It allows me to use the IPad-2 with without danger of dropping it. It is so very cool. Can you help me name it? I call it Pad-Neck. What do you think--Dave Graham, Liberty Lake, Washington"
"I feel one of the best features of iBooks is managing PDFs. I have found that if I'm in safari and have a PDF open, if you tap and Hold the screen there is an option to open in iBooks. This will then down load the PDF and store the PDF on a shelf. iBooks let's you have multiple book shelves. This is great for me because I store all my user manuals on the iPad in PDF form and then organize them by topic. Bruce Millar"
- Tim has a question about charging his iPad 2 via USB on his PC.
- Danielle wants to know if you can import YouTube videos to iMove for editing.
App Cap Award
- Sarah's App
- Cinq Photo (Free)
- The best way to get photos onto your iPad.
- Leo's App
- Grocery IQ (Free)
- A great way to share and keep track of grocery lists.
- Squarespace.com offer code ipadtoday6
- ad times: :48 - 1:03 and 18:55 - 21:16
- Freshbooks -3
- ad times: 1:03 - 1:14 and 32:02 - 34:27
- Netflix -2
- ad times: 1:14 - 1:31 and 43:49 - 47:44
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|