IPad Today 55
Recorded: July 21, 2011
Published: July 21, 2011
iPad Today 55: Alarm Clock App Recap, Google+ on iPad, Paper Camera!
Leo & Sarah's 4 best new alarm clock apps, run Google+ on your iPad, Paper Camera, Morphwiz, fake Apple stores in China, & more!
TODAY'S THEME IS...WAKE THE HECK UP!
- app1 - Nightstand Central - not to be confused with Nightstand HD or Night Stand
- app2 - Touch LCD
- app3 - Nightstand HD
- app4 - World Clock Pro
SO, THAT HAPPENED
TODAY IN iWEIRD: FAKE APPLE STORES IN CHINA!
From Our Viewers
- Dave wrote in with a fun music app suggestion, he says he's an amateur musician and loves Morphwiz by a pianist turned iOS dev
- Creator Jordan Rudess plays Somewhere over the Rainbow
On episode 54 you had a question from Tom about his wife and him both using iPads and browsing. He wanted to share the experience on both iPads while maintaining control on both.
1. Jailbreak at least one of the iPads (Jailbreakme.com worked for me)
2. Install a free VNC remote desktop server (""Veency"") via Cydia
3. Use the other iPad to remote in to the first (via any of the available VNC client apps; my favorite: iTeleport)
Both iPads can control what's happening on the screen. Now the speed is a bit choppy being a VNC connection, but it'll do the job.
Cheers guys, Steve"
APP CAP AWARD
- sarah's app - The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
- leo's app - Paper Camera
- ad times: :47 - 1:05 and 25:50 - 27:05
- ad times: 1:05 - 1:20 and 40:32 - 42:22
- ad times: 1:20 - 1:35 and 54:02 - 56:08
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|