IPad Today 63
Recorded: September 15, 2011
Published: September 15, 2011
iPad Today 63: Turntable.fm, VidRhythm, Machinarium!
Leo & Sarah tackle the latest social iPad apps including Blogger, Formspring & Turntable.fm, Brazil's iPad factories, iPad subway thieves, Machinarium & Leo's VidRhythm!
TODAY'S THEME IS... NEW SOCIAL TOYS!
- app1 - Blogger
- google.com/support/blogger, FREE
- publish posts, save drafts, & access drafts from your computer or a different mobile device. take pictures directly from the app and add those pictures to your post.
- available on Android for 6 months
- google.com/support/blogger, FREE
- getamen.com - sign up for the beta
iPad 2 Giveway for our Audience: Which file or program on your home or office computer would be most helpful to remotely access on an iPad? Tweet your answer by September 20 along with the hashtag #ipadtodayfree and you’ll be entered to win a new iPad 2 from GoToMyPC.
SO, THAT HAPPENED
- Brazil iPad factory is GO - According to a report by Brazilian website UOL, the Brazilian Minister of Science and Technology, Aloízio Mercadante, confirmed during a hearing with the Commission of Economic Affairs that the new factory in Jundiaí is already making iPads for December shipping - joint effort by the Brazilian government and Foxconn- china-based Apple manufacturer. It's been reported Foxconn invested $12 billion in this new factory and by June had already hired 175 engineers and sent them to China for training on how to build iPads.
"I would like to keep track of the hours that I work. Do you know of any apps that I could get to do this. I would like it to be iPad and iPhone if possible. I would like to keep track of two different hourly rates, overtime, holidays, bi-weekly pay periods. I would like to be able to set a default work schedule for each day and be able to tweek it from there. I have looked but was a little over whelmed with the choices. Thanks for your show and making learning fun."
ACCESSORY OF THE WEEK
"1) I have an original iPad that I use for a lot of things, including recording and taking notes during meetings. I'm looking for a bag that can become my everyday bag that can hold the iPad plus accessories PLUS the Apple Keyboard, but that isn't "casual". Help?? 2) How about a show/section that highlights apps you have covered previously that have had major updates? For instance, Auditorium Notes by App-Apps just came out (a little bumpily) with some functionality updates. Leo mentioned that app in one of the earlier shows, so I got it and I use it all the time. 3) What to do with your old iPad? Is there anything that can be done with them other than sending it into "second-hand" shops? Are there any charities that are looking for "gently-used" iPads?
"Leo, in episode 62 you said that only old men carry money clips. To quote Monty Python, "I'm not old, I'm 37!" I started to use a money clip a few years ago when I went to using cash only. It was much better than sticking a wallet in my back pocket and having to sit on it at work and when I drive. So thank you sir for offending your 37-year-old-male-money-clip-using demographic. Sarah is now my favorite.
Thanks and "love the show" Jeremy from Indiana"
"I am just writing to inform you guys that my iPad 2 got snatched from me on a NYC Subway a few weeks ago. Yes it may be my fault that I was reading and oblivious to my environment on the subway, but I am just writing you guys to inform my fellow NYers to be vigilant on the subway with their devices as snatching is on the rise. Unfortunately I didn't have "find my iPhone" installed, so the police or apple were not able to triangulate the device. Also I got my meniscus torn during the incident.
- Twitter handle @alexpaul
APP CAP AWARDS
- ad times: :50 - 1:12 and 23:12 - 26:18
- ad times: 1:12 - 1:25 and 42:17 - 44:45
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|