IPad Today 84
Recorded: February 9, 2012
Published: February 9, 2012
iPad Today 84: Tweetbot, Buzzfeed, Upcoming iPad 3
Leo & Sarah on iPad 3's imminent launch, the state of magazine apps, Tweetbot, Buzzfeed, National Geographic Traveler, & more!
Today's theme is...... MAGAZINES: THE GOOD & THE BAD!
- The Daily
- thedaily.com, FREE
- The Daily has 80k subscribers
- Had its one-year anniversary on Feb 2.
- On a panel at CES David Brinker, The Daily’s SVP of Business Development & Operations, said “Maybe that should have been the date we launched the app the first time.”
- It reported in October that it had 80,000 paying subscribers, needs 500,000 to turn a profit.
- “If the marketplace takes three years to develop, just because you put out the product in year one doesn’t mean it won’t pay in three years.
- Did The Daily launch too early?
SO, THAT HAPPENED.
- Apple to Announce iPad 3 1st Week in March
- iPad 3 coming 1st week in March?
- Apple will dominate MWC… and it won’t even be there
ASK LEO:"Have you noticed that the new iPad gets released each year about the same time that most people are getting their tax refunds. I would guess that many like myself dedicate the tax refund to buying a new iPad. Do you think Apple thought of this when planning the release dates? -Mark"
DUH TIP:Steve in Vermont has a great duh tip for those of us with too many notifications (Chris Martin wrote in with the same tip)
iPAD TODAY STARS OF THE WEEK
"I was watching the Madonna half time show on Sunday from the Superbowl, and spotted to what I think was an iPad used by LMFAO DJing. Brandon Morgan-Melo from Toronto Canada"
APP CAP AWARD
- ad times: :48 - 1:00 and 23:05 - 26:18
- ad times: 1:00 - 1:10 and 44:33 - 47:47
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|