Recorded: November 3, 2009
Published: November 4, 2009
Net@night 125: Robot Rockband
- Guest 1
- Twitter launches in Spanish
- Here’s the rough translation of Twitter’s post, via Google Translate:
Earlier this month we invite volunteers to translate into more languages Twitter. Thanks to these enthusiastic volunteers hispanoparlantes, Twitter is now officially available in Spanish. You can change the language or visit Twitter.com Settings and change the language setting in the option at the bottom right corner.
- PizzaHut's iPhone App Has Generated $1M in Sales
- More and more companies are creating iPhone applications as a way to reinforce branding and to gain new customers. Some companies are even seeing increased sales thanks to iPhone apps.
- Notes from Sweden
- The Swedish government is following in the footsteps of the Finns (well almost), as their IT-ministry is now promising that 90 percent of all Swedish homes will have access to a 100 mbit/s broadband connection before 2020.
- Where are they now? Newsvine
- Two years ago social news site Newsvine was acquired by MSNBC, the Microsoft/NBC joint venture. The site had launched publicly in March 2006 and was considered to be one of the best designed new breed of 'web 2.0' news sites. Features include user-generated content, reputation, voting, comments, friends lists, tags, and more. What's new at Newsvine circa 2009? There is nothing overly different from what we saw in 2007, but the site continues to look elegant and is still packed with social features. Newsvine appears to have kept up with current trends - we noted today a Real-Time Web feature, called Newsvine LIVE. This is a rapidly scrolling view of emerging stories, displayed as a pane on the right-hand side of the homepage.
Picks of the Week
Web app of the week
- CompareMyDocs makes it easy to compare multiple revisions of a document and to compile a final version based on these revisions. The site, which launched today, can handle Word documents and rich-text files. You simply select up to seven documents and the service will display all the differences between these in a very well-designed interface. CompareMyDocs is available free of charge.
Video of the week
- Robot playing rockband on the iPhone
- Joe Bowers -- Check out his blog to see how he did it using an Arduino, open source hardware...
- Link URL and optional brief description
ad time: 00:00:35-00:00:44 and 00:39:40-00:41:49
|More Information Than You Require by John Hodgman (UNABRIDGED)|
Narrated by John Hodgman, Dick Cavett, Jonathan Coulton, Zach Galifianakis, Ricky Gervais, Ira Glass, Robin Goldwasser, Rachel Maddow
ad time 00:00:45-00:00:59 and 00:29:22-00:32:04
- Edited by: Tony
- Notes: Editing process time recorded
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|