|Hosts: Leo Laporte and Amber MacArthur|
Guest: Austin Hill
Recorded: January 27, 2009
Published: January 28, 2009
Austin Hill, co-founder and CEO of Akoha.com. Hill has been a web entrepreneur since his late teens and he's speaking at TED 2009 about his latest site, Akoha.com, which just launched in public beta. Akoha is the world's first social reality game where you can earn points by playing real-world missions with your friends. Missions might include giving someone your favorite book, inviting a friend for drinks, or buying a friend some chocolate.
- Face recognition software in iLife 2009, TinEye, and elsewhere on the web.
- Tracking Obama's campaign promises on Obameter
- Book on Wikipedia becomes part of Wikipedia:
- The TWiT Wiki
- TWiT Stuff Store Official TWiT clothing is now available to buy
- Historical Tweets Imagined Twitter tweets from well known historical figures.
- Discussion of crowdsourcing and the "Wisdom of Crowds"
- oDTV Website Watch archived video from TWiT Live
- Interview with Austin Hill (cfr. super)
Picks of the Week
Website of the Week
App of the Week
The YouTube Cinema Firefox extension lowers the lights on any playing YouTube video, removing distracting ads and comments so you can focus on the video.
Video of the Week
Podcast of the Week
|The Great Depression Ahead: How to Prosper in the Crash That Follows the Greatest Boom in History by Harry S. Dent, Jr. (Abridged)|
Narrated by Harry S. Dent, Jr.
Ad Time: 0:33-0:41 and 21:34-25:04
Ad Time: 0:43-0:55 and 45:15-47:16
- Recorded Date: January 27, 2009
- Release Date:
- Duration: 52:24
- Log line:
- Edited by: Tony
*the show was recorded out of order. And the GoToMeeting Ad was inserted afterwards. *there was 45 seconds of the recording missing. Patched it with the backup track.
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section|