Tech News Today 148
Recorded: December 30, 2010
Published: December 30, 2010
Tech News Today 148: Tech Predictions For 2011
- Tom Merritt ( )
- Becky Worley ( )
- Sarah Lane ( )
- Kirsten Sanford ( )
- Jason Howell
- Net Neutrality
- People will hate Comcast more.
- Congress will be forced to act on net neutrality.
- Net neutrality will be more complex as more people use mobile device.
- The general public will be forced to have an understanding of what net neutrality means.
- No iPhone on Verizon .
- There will be a Verizon iPhone.
- In the end of 2011, no tablet will come close to beating the iPad.
- There will be a new iPad with a camera.
- We will not see a white iPhone.
- Apple is going to announce or release new revolutionary 3-D technology across it's platforms.
- Apple will have the Apple TV built into a partner television.
- Google will move into the market into producing television content.
- By then end of 2011 Chrome OS will "eat" the rest of the netbook market.
- Google Chrome OS netbook's will be thiner then they are now.
- Company to be Acquired in 2011
- Internet TV
- Competition for internet streaming will narrow, and one will have a lead.
- Internet TV will out shine 3-D TV.
- Blockbuster will completely go away.
- Cutting cable will not change
- App Store's galore.
- Copyright battles.
- iTunes music subscription cloud service.
- More pay walls going up on news paper websites.
- Ad dollars to rise.
- Book publishers will start suing fans.
- All major live sports will be available on an internet streaming box.
- Facebook phone.
- Windows tablets will be more popular then Windows Phone 7.
- Laptops sales will slow.
- 55% of all mobile phone will be smart phones.
- A big break though in battery technology.
- Final Predictions
- Apple will make a 42 LCD TV with Apple TV built into it.
- Apple will buy sonos.
- Google will buy Twitter.
- Disney will buy Yahoo, or ABC News and Yahoo News will merge news sources.
- The Wii will have a major upgrade.
- Netflix will get 50 million subscribers.
- 3-D TV with out glasses.
Companies will have to have thought about a way to be able to transfer personal data out of a specific service.
- We will not see the end of WikiLeaks.
- Skype will be sold again.
- Skype HD on the TWiT Skypeasaurus.
- Near field communications will become the new buzz word for mobile devices.
- Browsers will take on more OS platforms.
- ad times: :36-:48 and 17:23-17:58
- Edited by: Jason
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|