Tech News Today 53
Recorded: August 13, 2010
Published: August 13, 2010
Tech News Today 53: 10 Wookies on a corner
Oracle sues Google, no special deals for RIM, and why Wookies will gather on corners.
- Tom Merritt ( )
- Sarah Lane ( )
- Erik Lanigan ( )
- Robert Heron
- Facebook unveiled its official live video streaming channel today, Facebook Live. To kick off the launch, actress America Ferrera will stop by Facebook's headquarters in Palo Alto. The channel will be used to broadcast celebrity visits, Facebook events and official Facebook anouncements.
- Zynga hired former Facebook Chief Revenue Officer and former MySpace CEO Owen Van Natta today. He'll become EVP of business for the makers of Farmville and other online games. A rumour spread that Van Natta left Facebook because he knew he would bnever succeed Mark Zuckerberg.
- EBay is in talks with Google over making Paypal an option for buying Android apps. Customers currently pay via Paypal and Google Checkout Service. Google might attract more paying customers this way by making it easy to purchase apps without having to set up a Google Checkout account. Paypal has 87 million active accounts.
Kickers and Weird Science
On The Calendar
- TWiT at Dragon*Con. Meetup tentatively for Saturday night September 4
- Voicemail from James with thoughts about keyboard layouts
- Voicemail from Tony about smudge hacking
- Email from Todd about how to smudge hack
- Email from Matt about lingering iPhone jailbreak files sticking in memory after a full restore
- Email from Bill about the awesomeness of hearing the ABC TV digital conversion in process, live
- Email from annonymous with pictures from the local hot spots in Butler, IN
- Gazelle.com Promo Code tnt
- Gazelle #5
- ad times: 00:34-00:45 and 14:24-15:58
- Edited by: Erik
- Notes: CacheFly upload: 4:28-4:47; Mediafly publish: 4:58
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|