The Social Hour 50
Recorded: March 5, 2012
Published: March 5, 2012
The Social Hour 50: Highlight, SETILive, WTF Pinterest, QR Condom Codes
Amber & Sarah cover the buzz around passive location app Highlight, SETILive for alien fans, Dropmark, WTF Pinterest, QR codes for condoms, & more!
- Over the weekend, Chunli Fu, of Qingdao, China, downloaded an application called "Where's My Water? Free" from the App Store. In so doing, Chunli won a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card for downloading the 25 billionth app from the App Store. The App Store crossed the 10 billion mark in January 2011, and the 15 billion app download mark in July 2011.
- Google+ Lags Far Behind Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in Latest Study
- Google+ Introduces Animal Masks to Mixed Reaction
COMMENT FROM LAST WEEK'S SHOW
"On the topic of bookmarking Google+ posts into circles, i also learned of a neat trick to book mark posts to Evernote. Just grab the Evernote email created specially for your account which is used to email stuff to your Evernote account and create a Circle with just this email (I call mine Evernote, obviously) and when you see a post you like you simply share it to that circle and voila it sends it to your Evernote account. Easy as pie.
Hope you like this nifty trick too. Thanks.
"Hi Sarah and Amber.
I wonder if you could explain a little about Pinterest since I don't have a clue as to what it does. I keep hearing about it so it seems to be the hot new thing and one person made it sound like some kind of shopping site. I looked a the site though and didn't see anything for sale, just a lot of odd photos and some comments underneath each one. Maybe it's something only women can appreciate but I don't see the point of it at all. Also, I suspect most of the photos were copied from somewhere else so won't they get in trouble for copyright violations and sued out of existence? Thanks. - steve"
TWEET OF THE WEEK
- Martina McBride (Any of my friends in Nashville who don't have a safe place or a basement are welcome to come to my house. For real. ):
RAD OR FAD?
- ad times: :47 - :59 and 20:44 - 24:56
- ad times: :59 - 1:07 and 1:06:42 - 1:09:07
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|