This WEEK in GOOGLE 31
Recorded: February 27, 2010
Published: February 28, 2010
This WEEK in GOOGLE 31: Googorian Chant
Google slankets, Italy finds Google executives guilty for YouTube videos, and more.
- Leo Laporte ( • )
- Gina Trapani ( • )
- Jeff Jarvis ( • )
- Google Italy Executives Found Guilty Over Offensive Video
- The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size - Update on Gina's Swype recommendation: don't use it! Get ShapeWriter instead.
- Facebook Patents The News Feed - Facebook awarded a patent for “Dynamically providing a news feed about a user of a social network”. It appears that this patent surrounds implicit actions. This means status updates, which is what Twitter is based on, are not part of this patent. Instead, this is about stories about the actions of a user’s friends. While still significant, the implications for competing social networks may be less substantial.
- Google to Rein In Content Farms?
- This stuff is tough on Google Public Policy Blog
- Google and Antitrust Accusations
- China Widens Net Censorship; Google Exile Looms
- Google's Nexus One coming to Verizon on March 23
- Top 10 Android Apps on Lifehacker
- Google Upgrades Six Gmail Features, Cuts Five Others
"We Do A Little Thing At The End"
- Gina's tip of the week:
- New option in Google Search: Location. Put something in a Google Search, click Options and on the left side click Nearby.
- Jeff's stat of the week:
- Leo's tool of the week:
- "Just one Rule to rule us all"
- -- Leo @ 44min8sec
To suggest a link for the show, tag it on Delicious.com as "for:twit" AND "twig". Find the links here: http://delicious.com/twit/twig
- ad times: 00:00:36-00:00:51 and 00:24:15-00:26:04
- Edited by: Erik
- Notes: No video tease recorded
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|