User talk:Imperator3733/Archive 1
You have bureaucrat and sysop access. Enough to import? (I think so because I'm seeing you import some stuff. Thanks!!!!! --Leolaporte 18:01, 9 January 2009 (PST)
I know that you want to make it as much as Wikipedia as possible, but I don't want it to feel like it's an exact carbon copy of Wikipedia. Copying stuff from Wikipedia is unprofessional and shows that you have no creativisim. I've been creating original templates instead of copying from Wikipedia because I want it to feel original, not a carbon copy. Copying templates and code from Wikipedia is lame, thank you. --Taylor Karras 08:29, 10 January 2009 (PST)
- I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think there's anything wrong with pulling the content from Wikipedia. I consider it akin to how opensource software works. Basically we're just forking content over from Wikipedia. We can take a version of a Wikipedia page, fork it, make whatever changes to it we want and then publish it ourselves. I would be against constantly pulling content from Wikipedia and adding none of our own to it. That would be redundant. As long as it's just done to create the backbone of this new wiki I think it's fine. The one thing we should make sure of though is that Wikipedia's license is compatible with the license Leo's using here. I believe it is, but it couldn't hurt to double check. --Steveh 17:51, 10 January 2009 (PST)
- That was always my idea. I am only importing various templates that in my experience are used frequently - it doesn't seem practical to go and recreate them from scratch. User:Taylor Karras and I figured out the Template:Infobox stuff on User talk:Taylor Karras, you can look there for more information. More discussion about this should probably be done at Talk:Main Page. As far as licensing stuff, I don't know how that would affect things. I still think it's funny to have version numbers on licenses. -- Imperator3733 20:00, 10 January 2009 (PST)
I noticed that you changed the examples on the Deletion Policy page. I don't think the way you did that is going to work because it added them to the deletion and merge categories, which could lead to confusion. Do you know if there's a better way to do this? --Steveh 13:39, 13 January 2009 (PST)
- I changed
- REDIRECT 2 player games and
- REDIRECT 2 player games so that the cats won't appear on those pages. It's not a good idea to subst: those templates there because when the templates are changed, we would have to remember to change them on the Deletion Policy page. -- Imperator3733 13:44, 13 January 2009 (PST)
Hey, imperator3733. The larger infobox text size is better, I think. Thanks very much. Some questions/further requests:
- Do you think the "Transcript" link would be better aligned left under "Duration"?
- I'm wondering if you think it would be better above the infobox if it said "MacBreak Weekly (new line) Episode 131" instead of "MacBreak Weekly 131." In my mind the entire "Episode 131" part would link to the episode.
- Each episode we write a short teaser/brief description/logline. Right now we put that in the "Production Notes," but don't you think that would be most useful as an option at the very top? Perhaps "Summary" is the best name for that field.
Your thoughts on any of this? Thanks for everything you do, it's great! Danegolden 23:07, 10 March 2009 (PDT)
How to be a guest on TWiT
Hi Imperator3733: I've been working on this page: Being a guest on TWiT.tv. But find this title better (except it should be TWiT.tv): How to be a guest on TWiT Could you please advise on how I should move/resolve? Also, I think it's ready to link from the home page. Do you agree? Danegolden 14:01, 13 March 2009 (PDT)
Merging TWiL Show Notes
I've just finished episode 22 with the shorter way but I think the longer way is better. We seem to have both on some episodes. Any suggestions on how best to remedy this? Thanks! Danegolden 17:09, 20 March 2009 (PDT)